Westminster Cycle Grid
mode staff have been involved in a number of initiatives including:
- developing initial feasibility designs for a number of cycle routes
- technical design reviews of emerging cycle schemes
- review and development of the conversion of one-way streets to two-way operation for cyclists for a part of Westminster (permeability study)
- analysis of the results of the consultation on a cycling strategy for Westminster
- liaison with Transport for London and the DfT on best practice and emerging initiatives
mode continues to provide technical advice on the first phase of the preliminary designs for the preferred cycle grid and further work is progressing on the development of the permeability study to include the remaining areas of Westminster with recommendations for criteria to enable the scheme to be prioritised.