The preliminary traffic modelling package, which has been undertaken in close consultation with Warwickshire County Council, indicates that the delivery of such a transportation strategy will enable the full delivery of the masterplan proposals as well as providing wider benefits to Stratford on Avon during the plan period.
The comprehensive transport strategy seeks to provide:
- a new Western Relief Road to Stratford upon Avon;
- significant traffic improvements to Clopton Bridge
- improvements to a number of junctions within Stratford town centre;
- upgrade and diversion of existing public transport;
- live work accommodation;
- a robust and targeted Travel Plan; and
- potential to upgrade the Stratford Greenway with light rail.
Following the Inspectors interim report in relation to Stratford Districts revised Core Strategy; Long Marston Airfield now has a draft allocation for 3,500 units and associated employment use & planning approval for an initial phase comprising 400 units.