This brownfield regeneration proposal includes new ground floor retail & cafes , office and residential units. The focus of our work will seek to ensure that the town centre development can be as sustainable as possible; with balanced parking numbers and enhanced facilities for pedestrians, cyclists and public transport.
The project includes:
- the provision of new residential, retail and office parking to be accessed from Broadway;
- a stunning central public space – to be known as Lantern Circus;
- investment in local bus stops on Broadway and Queens Street;
- new pathways through the site to better connect the railway station, Nicholson's Shopping Centre and the High Street;
- new pedestrian crossings on York Street and Broadway;
- widening of Queens Street to enhance pedestrian connectivity; and
- A new, modernised crossing ("a pedestrian scramble") at King Street and Queen Street, creating a seamless link with the railway station.
The application was submitted in Spring 2015 and was approved on 2nd September 2015.