As part of the Priority School Building Programme (PSBP) the Education Funding Agency (EFA) proposes to rebuild Lees Brook Community School in Chaddesden, Derby. Lees Brook Community School is a secondary school which incorporates a sixth form college with 1,100 pupils on roll and 200+ teaching and non-teaching staff.
Key considerations included:
- ascertaining likely traffic impacts;
- provision of appropriately located parking in line with forecast demand;
- accessibility to the site by all modes of transport
- consideration of access and circulation within the site; and
- review of accident records on the local highway network.