The proposed development will have an important role to play in contributing to economic growth and prosperity in the local community and beyond. The completed mixed-use development will then go on to drive economic regeneration and create long-term employment opportunities, both through the high quality commercial space that is provided directly, and through local businesses that open to serve the new community.
The quality of the public transport will be key to the success of the scheme an help to deliver sustainably accessed business to the area and boost wider employment opportunities. The addition of a significant number of new homes will contribute to solving the housing problem in the City and will bring vibrancy and opportunity to a very strategically important but under-used part of the City's scarce developable land. The emerging transport strategy includes:
- enhancing the links with Hove Park, Hove Station, George Street and the Seafront.
- appropriate levels of parking for a city centre location
- promote green and hence more sustainable travel alternatives
- rejuvenating an existing pedestrian unfriendly area of hove
- enhance public transport accessibility
Client: Matsim Properties
Image courtesy of LCE Architects