mode is looking for people with experience working on development related transport planning projects across all sectors of the construction and property industry. But, more importantly, the person we are looking for in Manchester will have a desire to find solutions to our client’s transport and highways problems.
We are not looking for people to churn out the same thing day after day, but for people who want to get involved in delivering projects and be a key member of our growing team. Our overall approach is for everyone in the business to work closely together to share their ideas, knowledge and views in order to ensure we achieve a successful outcome for our clients.This means you will have a varied work stream and we will also provide you with the experience required for you to progress with your career.
If you want to go home at the end of the day feeling like you have achieved and delivered something, then we are company to work for.
We will consider people based on their experience, but as a guide the successful candidate will have some or all of the following:
- Good knowledge of transport planning and highways to support developments projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Preparation of Transport Notes, Statements and Assessments, Travel Plans, Site Access Appraisals using Microsoft Office programmes (Word and Excel).
- Travel Plan Coordinator experience
- An understanding of relevant local and national policy and guidance.
- Junction capacity modelling using the Junctions software (ARCADY and PICADY)
- Traffic signal design using LinSig
- Preliminary design of access, junction improvements and highway schemes using AutoCAD.
- Swept Path Analysis using AutoTrack.
- Preparation of graphics using GIS packages and/ or Corel Draw.
- Delivering quality work to meet deadlines.
- Project management and client communication.
- Fee proposal preparation.
- A competitive remuneration and benefits package, a big desk to work at, an iMac to work on and access to the office drinks fridge.
- We operate on a flexibility working hours basis; our focus is on delivering the work, rather than strict office hours.
- mode is a sociable company and we ensure that staff across all five of our offices know each other. This includes at least two social company get togethers per year.
- Our Manchester office is in Jactin House in Ancoats Urban Village. It is a relaxed and friendly environment in a modern office. The amenities in the building include break out areas, pool table, arcade machine and roof terrace. The building is off Cutting Room Square which has a variety of shops, bars and restaurants; with more opening on a regular basis.